2018 Spring Season
For registration assistance, or to submit required forms and documentation electronically, contact the Pocket Little League Registrar at PocketLLRegistrar@gmail.com. Paper forms and volunteer services deposit check may be submitted at one of our in-person registration events, or by mail at P.O. Box 22724 Sacramento, CA 95822.
Registration Fees and Volunteer Services Deposit
$125 Spring season registration fee for all Divisions – Junior (14-13), Major (12-11), AAA (10-9), AA (8-7), A (7-6), and T-Ball (6-5). May be paid via online registration, or by check (mail to P.O. Box 22724 Sacramento, CA 95822).
$100 volunteer services deposit check per player
Please make checks payable to Pocket Little League
To fulfill the volunteer services requirement, a player’s family must complete the required 8 hours of volunteer time – including at least one shift in the snack shack – by June 1, 2018. Once you have completed the required volunteer services hours, the $100 check will be returned to you, or shredded, if you prefer.
Note: If you fail to complete the required volunteer services hours, the $100 check will be cashed between June 3 – June 15, 2018.
Registration Forms and Proof of Residency
Each player registered to play for Pocket Little League must submit:
- Completed registration forms
- The player’s original birth certificate for review and a photocopy of the original birth certificate for the league to keep
- Three forms of Proof of Residency or Proof of “School” Identification within the Pocket Boundaries View the Pocket Little League Boundary Map
- $125 registration fee and $100 volunteer services deposit check
As of the beginning of the 2017 season, the following changes were implemented to the Residency and School Attendance Eligibility Requirements:
- A school-issued report card or performance record will no longer be accepted to establish school attendance. Either the School Enrollment Form or an official/certified school enrollment record dated prior to October 1, 2017 may be used to establish school attendance for the 2018 season.
- Or, residence eligibility shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence, which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state, and zip code information. Documents must be dated, or in force, between February 1, 2017 (previous year) and February 1, 2018 (current year).
- At least one document from EACH of the three Groups outlined below is required:
1. Driver’s License (photo ID of parent(s) or guardian(s) with qualifying residence address)
2. School records (home address of player’s parents or guardians)
3. Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
4. Employment records
5. Insurance documents (with residence address)
1. Welfare/child care records
2. Federal records (i.e., Federal Tax, Social Security, etc.)
3. State records
4. Local (municipal) records
5. Support payment records
6. Homeowner or tenant records
7. Military records
1. Voter’s Registration
2. Utility bills (i.e., – gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
3. Financial records (loan, credit, investments, etc.)
4. Medical records
5. Internet, cable, or satellite television records
NOTE: Example – Three documents from the same group (utility bill, cable bill, and bank statement) constitute only ONE document.
Players will not be eligible for the draft, or to play, until all documents have been received by the Pocket Little League Registrar.
Missing baseball already? You’re in luck! 2018 Fall Ball registration opens August 1st for Pocket Little League sluggers of all ages!
PLL Fall Ball is a non-competitive, instructional season, running from September to the beginning of November. The instructional nature of Fall Ball allows players to gain experience at all positions, without the stress of high-level competition and seasonal standings. This valuable experience is hard to replicate in any other league setting. It’s also a great opportunity for kids to play games in higher divisions, as they prepare to move up next Spring. Fall Ball is more laid back than Spring Season, with a focus on developing and honing skills for those moving up, as well as for those returning to the same division.
Fall Ball will begin the first week of September. The $55 registration fee includes Fall Ball hat and shirt. Games and clinics will be held on Sundays, with optional practice held once a week per division (T-ball through Majors). Pick your child’s division based on the Little League age chart for the 2019 season. Registration for Fall Ball is online only and closes on September 5th, so follow the link and sign up today!
Questions? Contact the Registrar at PocketLLRegistrar@gmail.com or from the Contact Us web page.